Compliance Officer (m/f)
Holvi is banking for Makers and Doers – a digital service built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. Holvi combines everything a modern business owner needs in one easy-to-use platform. By combining banking and business tools, our goal is to significantly reduce the amount of overhead and manual processes of traditional business administration. Our vision is to create a new banking model: “Entrepreneurship-as-a-service”.
We are now looking for a Compliance Officer to be based in Berlin to execute and develop our Compliance program, ensure compliance across the company and being the main contact for the Financial Supervisory Authority. The Compliance Officer needs to be a person of high integrity, trustworthiness and sound judgment. The Compliance Officer should also be able to act independently to build and operate a compliance program built on excellence and industry best practices. If you want to make a real impact at your job, you are confident of your regulatory experience and you are looking for the next challenge to grow yourself, this-is-your-opportunity: Compliance Officer in a Pan-European financial institution, part of a global banking group (world’s leading innovator banks, BBVA), with a German branch and Pan-European cross-border operations.
You’ll join a team with ongoing career advancement opportunities. We offer you a positive, dynamic atmosphere full of can-do attitude. You will also be part of our fast growing team and you will work closely with our AML Officer, Risk Officer & other members of the Control team. Knowledge and previous experience in anti-money laundering and associated legislation, as well as experience in other legislation for financial institutions is required.
Here at Holvi we are:
- Humane - Holvi is the entrepreneur’s best friend; an accessible, warm and understanding partner.
- Expert - Holvi is a pioneer in digital banking for entrepreneurs. Our own experience of running a business with its own successes and failures has given us a deep understanding and know-how of how to help our customers in their everyday life. We’re all here to express our knowledge and leverage it into creating a better Holvi for our customers.
- Of fanatic quality - Our passion is functional design. We work for long-term consistent performance, instead of short-term wins.
- Genuine - We’re here to conquer the world on our own terms. We are friendly, but never hypocritical or fake - credibility is at the heart of all we do.
Requirements and duties:
- Developing and managing the compliance programme, maintaining effective controls designed to monitor the effectiveness of the compliance program.
- Ensuring that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, internal standards and policies.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- You will act as the go-to person for all regulatory reporting and Financial Supervisory Authority matters.
- Advise and support the business lines in the establishment and execution of action plans to address compliance deficiencies, findings and/or recommendations of examiners, internal audits, and self-identified issues.
- Advise and consult on proposed new products, services, and initiatives regarding compliance obligations and corresponding compliance risks, and mitigating controls. Review/identify regulatory impact, and approves recommended controls.
- Deputise for MLRO in their absence.
- Self-starter, able to multitask and work with minimal guidance.
- >3 years of relevant compliance experience in financial services.
- Prior experience in working with a Financial Supervisory Authority is a definitive plus.
- Excellent knowledge of European financial regulations (such as AMLD and PSD2).
- Previous experience advising and mitigating on compliance risks.
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Proactive with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Takes the initiative to improve processes to add value.
- Language: fluency in German and English; both written and spoken is required. Finnish or Spanish is a plus.
- The position is based in Berlin, Germany.
- Direct reporting to VP of Control
- We’re banking for Makers and Doers - European entrepreneurs, freelancers and small business owners.
- Founded in Helsinki, Finland in 2011 by entrepreneurs, tired of the time and effort that money management and bureaucracy took up. We’re here to make entrepreneur’s everyday life easier.
- We are not an old fashioned bank but a modern technology company with solid funding and a clear long term vision.
- We are a global community with a team of 90+ members, of 18 different nationalities.
- We operate as an Authorised Payment Institution regulated by the FIN-FSA.
- We take care of all the layers of the stack – interface, infrastructure, operations and marketing.
- We offer you a front-seat position in a fast growing technology company with solid funding and a clear long-term vision
- We offer you an exciting career opportunity in a fast growing fintech company, owned by one of the world’s leading innovator banks, BBVA.
This position is based in Berlin, Germany with regular travelling to Helsinki, Finland. For more info, please get in touch with Sascha Bross, VP of Control (Compliance, Risk and Legal), [email protected] / +358 50 323 1001.