Accounting and payroll manager
Holvi is banking for Makers and Doers – a digital service built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. Holvi combines everything a modern business owner needs in one easy-to-use platform. By combining banking and business tools, our goal is to significantly reduce the amount of overhead and manual processes of traditional business administration. Our vision is to create a new banking model: “Entrepreneurship-as-a-service”.
Our purpose at Holvi is to give our customers more of what they need most: time. Freelancers and entrepreneurs want to focus on their own business and expect us to support them in becoming successful. It is our job to make sure our customers feel that they are receiving great value from our service. In order to do that even more efficiently, we need help in owning our daily and monthly internal accounting & payroll operations in Helsinki.
Your role and responsibilities
- Dismantling of outsourced accounting to in-house, actual accounting and related reporting
- Dismantling of outsourced payroll, actual payroll management and related reporting
- Automatization of manual processes of the accounting
- Financial statement
- Accounts payable management: invoice handling, payments, vendor onboarding
- Expense claim validation, reconciliation and reporting
- Monthly / Quarterly reporting to group
- Monthly & yearly VAT and tax reportings
- Reconciliation of foreign branches monthly numbers with local partner
- MBA / BBA majoring in finance or accounting
- Excellent oral and written English and Finnish. German is a plus.
- 5+ years of prior experience of similar positions (banking is not required)
- Financial statements
- Tax knowledge
- Payroll management
Our ideal candidate
- Has an analytical and well organised mindset
- Exceptional orientation on details, great ability to endure stress, performs well under deadlines
- Self confident, social and capable of interacting directly and independently with many stakeholders
- Good interaction skills, team player, energetic, proactive and independent.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, ambitious and is fun to work with
- Has a keen sense of focus on delivering results, regardless of obstacles and challenges that may arise
We offer you
- A talented and unified team of 90+ colleagues of 23 different nationalities across offices in Helsinki, Berlin and Madrid
- A front-seat position in a fast growing technology company with solid funding and a clear long-term vision
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Possibility to remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive health care
- Continuous development opportunities
- An exciting career opportunity in a fast growing fintech company, owned by one of the world’s leading innovator banks, BBVA.
- We’re banking for Makers and Doers - European entrepreneurs, freelancers and small business owners.
- Founded in Helsinki, Finland in 2011 by entrepreneurs, tired of the time and effort that money management and bureaucracy took up. We’re here to make entrepreneur’s everyday life easier.
- We are not an old fashioned bank but a modern technology company with solid funding and a clear long term vision.
- We are a global community with a team of 90+ members, of 23 different nationalities.
- We operate as an Authorised Payment Institution regulated by the FIN-FSA.
- We take care of all the layers of the stack – interface, infrastructure, operations and marketing.
If you are interested and deem yourself fit for the role, send an application by 15 March 2019. For more info, call Paula Ranttila, VP of Finance & HR, [email protected] / +358 40 578 75 19.