Senior Python Developer
Holvi is banking for Makers and Doers – a business account built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. We are building financial technology with a purpose that makes a difference in the day-to-day life of European business owners.
We are looking for a Senior Python Developer with an interest in financial and payment systems. Your role would be to work as part of a team building our core payment system. We're currently connected to the core European payment schemes (SEPA), MasterCard, and other international card schemes.
- Experience in web development and API integrations
- Solid understanding of relational databases and data modelling
- Understand patterns and know when to use one
- Knowledge of financial systems is a strong plus
- Love building software and are always looking for ways to improve your work
- Interested in constantly learning new things but have the stamina to do some repetitive tasks now and then also
- Get things done in a well structured manner
Things to love about being a developer at Holvi
- We are not an old fashioned bank but a modern technology company. Our code runs on Python and our developers get to influence everything we develop. As simple as that, no legacy systems to maintain.
- We are a product company with solid funding and a clear long term vision
- We are a lucrative target for attackers. Security cannot be an after-thought; it’s an integral part of everything we do.
- Money must not go missing, nor look like it’s gone missing. We are quick and nimble at adding new features, but we value correctness.
- Working in a small team means you have both responsibility and ownership of the end result our team produces. At the core of all our product development is solving real problems for our customers and making their lives easier.
- With great responsibility comes freedom. Expect no pre set rules for doing your job but be prepared to challenge the existing and creating new solutions from scratch.
- Our developers are known for making the impossible possible. Our culture is built on respect and low hierarchy. We have a holistic view on development where all our developers play a crucial role in decision making.
- Developers at Holvi get to specialise in some area, but everyone also understands the product as a whole. You will change financial technology at all levels, from user experience to clearing houses.
- We are a full-stack bank replacement for business customers – a banking service built from the ground up
- We run on AWS with Python (Django) and PostgreSQL
- We are independently regulated – a Payment Institution with full EU authorisation – and run with our code built fully in-house, by our team
- We take care of all the layers of the stack – interface, infrastructure, operations and marketing
- We're not a skin or an app on top of an existing bank
We're all here to make Holvi a success. We enjoy working with people who are enthusiastic about learning, take initiative and ownership and contribute positively to our company culture. We are looking forward to welcoming a new core member to the team to help us scale Holvi to the next level.
Holvi has been voted as the hottest startup in Finland by Wired Magazine and stated as the next big thing to come out of Finland after Nokia by Forbes. In March 2016 we joined the BBVA global family of innovative fintech companies. We will continue to develop Holvi independently in Finland with the support of BBVA. Read the full story here.
For more info check us out on Stackoverflow and get in touch with our Head of Financial Infrastructure Development, Tuomas Toivonen / tel. +358 400 616 499 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Our infrastructure team is located in Helsinki, Finland. Remote candidates are not considered for this role.
We offer a nice, relaxed atmosphere, competitive salary, lunch and sports&culture benefits, full occupational health care and flexible working hours. Contribution to Open Source projects on work time negotiable.