Customer Due Diligence Junior Analyst - Finnish / English fluency (fixed term)
Holvi is banking for Makers and Doers – a digital service built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. Holvi combines everything a modern business owner needs in one easy-to-use platform. By combining banking and business tools, our goal is to significantly reduce the amount of overhead and manual processes of traditional business administration. Our vision is to create a new banking model: “Entrepreneurship-as-a-service”.
The Customer Due Diligence Junior Analyst - Finnish / English fluency (fixed term) works as part of the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) team in ensuring that the service processes and tasks are executed in a correct and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements, and in contributing to improve the operational management systems, processes and best practices that guarantee the service well-being.
As a financial institution Holvi executes CDD and ongoing monitoring processes in order to verify customers identity before on-boarding them to the service and combat fraud, money laundering and terrorism financing on an ongoing basis.
The job responsibilities for the position are:
- Verifying the customer identity in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Reviewing data and documentation provided by customers and triggering investigations whenever additional information or documents are required from them as part for example of CDD processes like Enhanced Due Diligence, Acceptable Use Policy Violations, internal investigations or 3rd party requests from authorities or other financial institutions
- Be aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks procedures
- Reviewing monitoring alerts received from the system and identify if they require a follow up
- Contribute to developing the CDD service documentation including service operational and process documentation
To achieve success in the role we expect from you the following:
- Fluent in Finnish and English. Speaking German is a strong plus.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail and determination
- Ability to process tasks by priority and promptly assess and escalate any blockers or critical issues
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- We are a full-stack bank replacement for business customers – a banking service built from the ground up.
- We are independently regulated – a Payment Institution with full EU/EEA authorisation – and run with our code built fully in-house, by our team.
- We currently operate in Finland, Germany, Austria and Estonia. As our authorisation covers EU/EEA countries we are in the process of expanding to additional markets.
- We take care of all layers of the stack – interface, infrastructure, operations and marketing.
- We're not a skin or an app on top of an existing bank.
- Humane - Holvi is the entrepreneur’s best friend; an accessible, warm and understanding partner.
- Expert - Holvi is a pioneer in digital banking for entrepreneurs. Our own experience of running a business with its own successes and failures has given us a deep understanding and know-how of how to help our customers in their everyday life. We’re all here to express our knowledge and leverage it into creating a better Holvi for our customers.
- Of fanatic quality - Our passion is functional design. We work for long-term consistent performance, instead of short-term wins.
- Genuine - We’re here to conquer the world on our own terms. We are friendly, but never hypocritical or fake - credibility is at the heart of all we do.
We offer you
- A talented team of 90+ colleagues of over 20 different nationalities across offices in Helsinki, Berlin and Madrid
- A front-seat position in a fast growing technology company with solid funding and a clear long-term vision
- Flexible working hours
- Extensive occupational healthcare
- Wednesday company breakfasts
- The choice of your work equipment
- Lunch & sport benefit
- Continuous development opportunities
- An exciting career opportunity in a fast growing fintech company, owned by one of the world’s leading innovator banks, BBVA.
The type of contract offered is a full-time fixed-term position (exact duration will be agreed with hired person).
Are you a recent graduate willing to learn and manage in a constantly changing startup environment? if so, in our Customer Due Diligence Junior Analyst - Finnish / English fluency (fixed term) entry-level job you have chance to strongly contribute towards the achievement of our company’s strategic and operational objectives!
For more info, please get in touch with Piia Sillanpää, [email protected] .
Our team is located in Helsinki, Finland. Remote candidates are NOT considered for this role. We don't accept CVs from recruiters for this role.