Holvi is banking for Makers and Doers - a business account built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. We are building financial technology that has a purpose and makes a difference in the day-to-day life of European business owners.
We are now looking for a Compliance Associate to support our growth in new markets. The compliance associate will manage the compliance database, assist in monitoring and reporting, perform testing and help to identify, assess and mitigate possible Financial Crime scenarios.
The Compliance Associate needs to be a person of high integrity, trustworthiness and sound judgment. The Compliance Associate will report directly to the Compliance Officer and will help maintain and improve Holvi’s Compliance Program.
You’ll join a team with ongoing career advancement opportunities. We offer you a positive, dynamic atmosphere full of can-do attitude. You will also be part of our fast growing team and you will work closely with our AML Officer, Compliance Implementation Manager, Risk Officer & other members of the Control team.
Knowledge and previous experience in anti-money laundering and associated legislation, as well as experience in other legislation for financial institutions is desired.
- Assist in developing and managing the compliance programme in new markets.
- Help ensure that banking operations employees are knowledgeable of, and comply with internal standards and policies.
- Assist in the Financial Crimes and Fraud cases.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Help define and enforce compliance processes.
- Advise and support the business lines in the establishment and execution of action plans to address compliance deficiencies, findings and/or recommendations of examiners, internal audits, and self-identified issues.
- Advise and consult on proposed new products, services, and initiatives regarding compliance obligations and corresponding compliance risks, and mitigating controls. Review/identify regulatory impact, and assist in the implementation of new controls.
- Self-starter, able to multitask.
- >2 years of relevant compliance experience in financial services.
- Strong knowledge and prior experience in Financial Crimes and Fraud.
- Previous experience mitigating compliance risks.
- Previous experience in working in a regulated financial institution is a plus.
- Experience in handling requests from financial regulators and authorities.
- Excellent knowledge of FCA (UK) regulations.
- Knowledge of European financial regulations (such as AMLD and PSD2).
- Familiar with privacy (GDPR) and anti bribery anti corruption regulations (UKBA).
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Proactive with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Takes the initiative to improve processes to add value.
- Language: fluent in English; excellent written and spoken is required. Finnish, German or Spanish is a plus.
- The position can be based in Berlin, Germany or Helsinki, Finland.
- We’re banking for Makers and Doers - European entrepreneurs, freelancers and small business owners.
- Founded in Helsinki, Finland in 2011 by entrepreneurs, tired of the time and effort that money management and bureaucracy took up. We’re here to make an entrepreneur's everyday life easier.
- We are not an old fashioned bank but a modern technology company with solid funding and a clear long term vision.
- We are a global community with a team of 120+ members of 25+ different nationalities.
- We operate as an Authorised Payment Institution regulated by the FIN-FSA.
- We take care of all the layers of the stack – interface, infrastructure, operations and marketing.
We're all here to make Holvi a success. We enjoy working with people who are enthusiastic about learning, take initiative and ownership and contribute positively to our company culture. We are looking forward to welcoming a new core member to the team to help us scale Holvi to the next level. For more info, please get in touch with Mirjam Nagy (Compliance Officer), [email protected] / +49(0)17671204530.