Holvi is banking for Makers and Doers – a digital service built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. Holvi combines everything a modern business owner needs in one easy-to-use platform. By combining banking and business tools, our goal is to significantly reduce the amount of overhead and manual processes of traditional business administration. Our vision is to create a new banking model: “Entrepreneurship-as-a-service”.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join our Technology team. You will be working closely with an existing team of backend and frontend developers. We offer you a positive, dynamic atmosphere full of can-do attitude. We work on a fully in-house built software stack, and are a small team where everyone contributes and has a real impact!
- Are experienced with Python/Django, Debian GNU/Linux
- Preferably have some frontend knowledge (AngularJS preferred)
- Are business-minded and geared towards results and know when something is good enough
- Are a team player who has the ability and experience to work in a multicultural virtual team setting
- Have excellent collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written, in English
Your role and responsibilities
- Work as a part of a team of talented and motivated backend, frontend and UX developers
- Implement and maintain the backend components, APIs etc. of the Holvi stack
- Participate in architectural development of the Holvi stack
Things to love about being a developer at Holvi
- We are not an old fashioned bank but a modern technology company. Our code runs on Python and our developers get to influence everything we develop. As simple as that, no legacy systems to maintain.
- We are a product company with solid funding and a clear long term vision
- Working in a small team means you have both responsibility and ownership of the end result our team produces. At the core of all our product development is solving real problems for our customers and making their lives easier.
- With great responsibility comes freedom. Expect no pre set rules for doing your job but be prepared to challenge the existing and creating new solutions from scratch.
- Our developers are known for making the impossible possible. Our culture is built on respect and low hierarchy. We have a holistic view on development where all our developers play a crucial role in decision making.
- We are a full-stack bank replacement for businesses
- We operate as an Authorised Payment Institution regulated by the FIN-FSA
- We take care of all the layers of the stack – interface, infrastructure, operations and marketing
We're all here to make Holvi a success. We enjoy working with people who are enthusiastic about learning, take initiative and ownership and contribute positively to our company culture. We are looking forward to welcoming a new core member to the team to help us scale Holvi to the next level.
Holvi has been voted as the hottest startup in Finland by Wired Magazine and stated as the next big thing to come out of Finland after Nokia by Forbes. In March 2016 we joined the BBVA global family of innovative fintech companies. We will continue to develop Holvi independently in Finland with the support of BBVA. Read the full story here.
For more info check us out on Stackoverflow.
We offer a nice, relaxed atmosphere, competitive salary, lunch and sports&culture benefits, full occupational health care and flexible working hours. Contribution to Open Source projects on work time negotiable.