Junior Visual Designer / Visual Designer Intern
Holvi is banking for Makers and Doers - a financial service built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. We are building financial technology that has a purpose and makes a difference in the day-to-day life of European business owners.
We are on a mission to change a whole industry by introducing good design, usability and beauty to banking. In practice it means we start where it matters the most - our customer. We have always believed that good user experience is the responsibility of the whole company and design is an essential component of it. We are now looking for a Junior Visual Designer or a Visual Designer Intern to work closely with our marketing team to develop compelling visuals that engage anyone interacting with the Holvi brand. You will be part of our multidisciplinary marketing team of content producers, digital marketers and copywriters who demand a lot but give a lot back in return. Your task is to translate marketing ideas and sketchy notes into something people understand, can relate to and will notice. We offer you a positive, dynamic atmosphere full of can-do attitude. We work on a fully in-house built software stack, and are a small team where everyone contributes and has a real impact!
- Comfortable working independently and in a remote team
- Used to working in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure
- Previous experience in design, typography, colour and animation in digital environment
- Interested in product design and marketing
- Motivated to try out different approaches, measure, discuss and defend your design choices
- Experience in CSS, HTML and/or Wordpress is a plus.
Your role and responsibilities at Holvi
- Your focus is mainly on web and occasionally in print
- You build landing pages, animations, UI mockups, icons and interaction patterns that help us sell the Holvi product
- You take ownership of your work and are ready to polish it to the finest detail
- We’re banking for Makers and Doers - European entrepreneurs, freelancers and small business owners
- Founded in Helsinki, Finland in 2011 by entrepreneurs, tired of the time and effort that money management and bureaucracy took up. We’re here to make entrepreneur’s everyday life easier
- We are not an old fashioned bank but a modern technology company with solid funding and a clear long term vision
- We are a global community with a team of over 40 members, of 18 different nationalities.
- We operate as an Authorised Payment Institution regulated by the FIN-FSA
- We take care of all the layers of the stack – interface, infrastructure, operations and marketing
We're all here to make Holvi a success. We enjoy working with people who are enthusiastic about learning, take initiative and ownership and contribute positively to our company culture. We are looking forward to welcoming a new core member to the team to help us scale Holvi to the next level. This position is either based in Berlin or Helsinki.
We are looking forward to hearing from you, please send us also your portfolio. For more info get in touch with our Head of Marketing & Communications, Elina Räsänen / firstname.lastname@example.org / +358 50 3888 207
Holvi has been voted as the hottest startup in Finland by Wired Magazine and stated as the next big thing to come out of Finland after Nokia by Forbes. In March 2016 we joined the BBVA global family of innovative fintech companies. We will continue to develop Holvi independently in Finland with the support of BBVA. Read the full story here.