Holvi is banking for Makers and Doers – a digital service built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. Holvi combines everything a modern business owner needs in one easy-to-use platform. By combining banking and business tools, our goal is to significantly reduce the amount of overhead and manual processes of traditional business administration. Our vision is to create a new banking model: “Entrepreneurship-as-a-service”.
We are looking for a Python Developer with an interest in financial and payment systems. Your role would be to work as part of a team building our core payment system. We're currently connected to the core European payment schemes (SEPA), Mastercard, Visa, and other international card schemes.
- Experience in web development and API integrations
- Solid understanding of relational databases and data modelling
- Understand patterns and know when to use one
- Knowledge of financial systems is a strong plus
- Love building software and are always looking for ways to improve your work
- Interested in constantly learning new things but have the stamina to do some repetitive tasks now and then also
- Get things done in a well structured manner
Things to love about being a developer at Holvi
- We are not an old fashioned bank but a modern technology company. Our code runs on Python and our developers get to influence everything we develop. As simple as that, no legacy systems to maintain.
- We are a product company with solid funding and a clear long term vision
- We are a lucrative target for attackers. Security cannot be an after-thought; it’s an integral part of everything we do.
- Money must not go missing, nor look like it’s gone missing. We are quick and nimble at adding new features, but we value correctness.
- Working in a small team means you have both responsibility and ownership of the end result our team produces. At the core of all our product development is solving real problems for our customers and making their lives easier.
- With great responsibility comes freedom. Expect no pre set rules for doing your job but be prepared to challenge the existing and creating new solutions from scratch.
- Our developers are known for making the impossible possible. Our culture is built on respect and low hierarchy. We have a holistic view on development where all our developers play a crucial role in decision making.
- Developers at Holvi get to specialise in some area, but everyone also understands the product as a whole. You will change financial technology at all levels, from user experience to clearing houses.
- We are a full-stack bank replacement for business customers – a banking service built from the ground up
- We run on AWS with Python (Django) and PostgreSQL
- We are independently regulated – a Payment Institution with full EU authorisation – and run with our code built fully in-house, by our team
- We take care of all the layers of the stack – interface, infrastructure, operations and marketing
- We're not a skin or an app on top of an existing bank
- Humane - Holvi is the entrepreneur’s best friend; an accessible, warm and understanding partner.
- Expert - Holvi is a pioneer in digital banking for entrepreneurs. Our own experience of running a business with its own successes and failures has given us a deep understanding and know-how of how to help our customers in their everyday life. We’re all here to express our knowledge and leverage it into creating a better Holvi for our customers.
- Of fanatic quality - Our passion is functional design. We work for long-term consistent performance, instead of short-term wins.
- Genuine - We’re here to conquer the world on our own terms. We are friendly, but never hypocritical or fake - credibility is at the heart of all we do.
We offer you
- A talented team of 90+ colleagues of 18 different nationalities across offices in Helsinki, Berlin and Madrid
- A front-seat position in a fast growing technology company with solid funding and a clear long-term vision
- Wednesday company breakfasts
- Lunch & sport benefits
- Continuous development opportunities
- An exciting career opportunity in a fast growing fintech company, owned by one of the world’s leading innovator banks, BBVA
Our Software Engineering team is located in Helsinki, Finland. Remote candidates are not considered for this role. We expect candidate to already be resident in Finland and have the necessary work permit.