Site Reliability Engineer
Holvi is banking for Makers and Doers – a digital service built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. By combining banking and business tools, our goal is to significantly reduce the amount of overhead and manual processes of traditional business administration. Holvi has everything a modern business owner needs in one easy-to-use platform. Our vision is to create a new banking model: “Entrepreneurship-as-a-service”.
Our purpose at Holvi is to give our customers more of what they need most: time. Freelancers and entrepreneurs want to focus on their own business and expect us to support them in becoming successful. Smooth delivery of Holvi services and continual improvement of Holvi operations are some of the key components in this mission.
Holvi Technical Operations is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join us in this mission and drive forward the success. As a Site Reliability Engineer you have a strong software development background and have decent experience with systems operations, implementing, automating and maintaining GNU/Linux systems in public cloud architecture.
In your role you will participate in delivering wide range of challenging technical improvements in production systems, solving security incidents, fixing complicated software defects and participate in varying projects automating and improving Holvi architecture.
- Automate and solve problems in Holvi production systems.
- Participate in continually improving product delivery and hosting environments.
- Help incident management in mitigating incidents and performing root cause analysis.
- Help fostering quality first attitude in product delivery and other areas.
- A strong background with Python/Django
- Experience with GNU/Linux
- Understanding of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Interest in looking for ways to improve yourself and your work
- A customer/people oriented approach
Consider it a plus if you have...
- Experience with Celery, Kafka, Jenkins
- Experience with AWS public cloud
- Understanding of PCI DSS or ISO 27000
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship, finance or gaming sector is seen as an advantage
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Excellent English skills (Finnish, German seen as an advantage)
- Humane - Holvi is the entrepreneur’s best friend; accessible, warm and understanding.
- Expert - Holvi is a pioneer in digital banking for entrepreneurs. Our own experience of running a business with its own successes and failures has given us a deep understanding and know-how of how to help our customers in their everyday life. We’re all here to express our knowledge and leverage it into creating a better Holvi for our customers.
- Of fanatic quality - Our passion is functional design. We work for long-term consistent performance, instead of short-term wins.
- Genuine - We’re here to conquer the world on our own terms. We are friendly, but never hypocritical or fake - credibility is at the heart of all we do.
We offer you
- An exciting career opportunity in a fast growing fintech company, owned by one of the world’s leading innovator banks, BBVA.
- A front-seat position in a fast growing technology company with solid funding and a clear long-term vision.
- Continuous development opportunities.
- A talented team of 90+ colleagues of 18 different nationalities across offices in Helsinki, Berlin and Madrid.
- Possibility for remote work days.
- Flexible working hours.
- Extensive Occupational Healthcare.
- A brand new office in Kallio, Helsinki surrounded by great restaurants and good public transport connections (metro, tram, bus).
If this sounds like a journey you’d be interested in, please submit your CV and application by December 19th.